Chapter Programs at Golf Courses
First Tee uses golf to teach youth life lessons and leadership skills. Sessions include a fun, group setting for youth ages 7 to 18 regardless of background or previous experience. Teaming up with experts in positive youth development, First Tee helps youth become good golfers and even better people.
A Youth Program Unlike Any Other
First Tee emphasizes Nine Core Values: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy and judgment. Through golf and our core values, your kids and teens will learn life skills like:
- Making proper introductions
- Managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
Advancing through the Program
From age 4 through 18, youth progress through different levels by demonstrating First Tee’s Nine Core Values, life and golf skills as well as passing an assessment. All participants 6 and older start at the PLAYer level. The pinnacle of First Tee is completing Ace.
- Discovery (ages 4-5) Learn the basic FUNdamentals of golf in a developmentally appropriate setting.
- PLAYer (required minimum age 6) – Tee up for the first time and learn the game of golf and First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- Par (recommended minimum age 8) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course.
- Birdie (recommended minimum age 10) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality.
- Eagle (recommended minimum age 12) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning.
- Ace (required minimum age 14 or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.
- LPGA*USGA Girls Golf (recommended ages 6-12) – An all-girls class that focuses on the basics of golf and on-course experience.
- Junior Champions (recommended ages 6-14) – An introduction to competitive play, learn how to keep score for stroke- and match-play format competition.
- First Tee Tour (ages 5-18) – A local competitive golf tour that awards points for participating, placing in tour stops, golf class participation, and volunteerism / academic achievements.
The Power of Relationships
“I consider my coaches at First Tee to be some of the most important mentors I had growing up.” –alumnus
First Tee coaches are trained to create positive relationships that inspire youth to discover their individual potential. Our programs help young people build confidence, develop respect and appreciate the value of giving back to our community all while learning the lifelong sport of golf.